We are one family. One family . . . by blood or marriage or friendship. We live in the same small town in Central Illinois. We are moms and daughters. We are sisters and cousins. We are grandmas and wives and aunties.

We all love to quilt and were raised to believe that a girl should always wear her undershirt. And, on those days when you
wear a dress, a petticoat is always in order. This is where you'll find photos and stories of our quilting adventures.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Weekender

I DID IT!  I MADE AMY BUTLER'S WEEKENDER BAG!  
(Yes, the exclamation points and capital letters are necessary!)  


Day One...  Bought the pattern.  Read the directions.  Scratched head.


One weekend later...  Thought about it.  Though about it.  Thought about it.  Re-read the directions.


Two weekends later...  More thinking.  Chose fabric and bought peltex, cording,  interfacing, zipper, ribbon, etc. etc.  Now thinking...  "Those Vera Bradley bags are really pretty."


Three weekends later...  One whole Saturday!  A whole Saturday just cutting out the pieces!


Next day...  started sewing.  AND re-reading the directions slowly, step by step.


Next weekend...  more sewing but eventually all done!  Who needs Vera Bradley?


Next day...  mailed the pattern to Kristin with a loving, heartfelt, "have fun!"


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




This one I will carry and proudly say, "Oh, this?  I made it!"

2 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! You are a brave soul, indeed! And the fabric is just gorgeous - I think that is the same one I've been eyeing at an LQS. Is it decorator weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Just quilting weight...I fell in love and imagined the bag in nothing else. I can't imagine using the decorator weight with all that peltex...my sewing machine would have surely questioned my devotion. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete