We are one family. One family . . . by blood or marriage or friendship. We live in the same small town in Central Illinois. We are moms and daughters. We are sisters and cousins. We are grandmas and wives and aunties.

We all love to quilt and were raised to believe that a girl should always wear her undershirt. And, on those days when you
wear a dress, a petticoat is always in order. This is where you'll find photos and stories of our quilting adventures.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My New Sewing Machine!!!

My 1984 Kenmore still works like it did when I found it under the Christmas tree all those years ago.  I don't think it has ever failed me.  We have a long history together.  But, I found that when a machine is 27 years old you can't get things like a walking foot attachment, a quarter inch foot attachment, etc.  If you quilt you know these aren't vital attachments but really make the process a lot easier and more efficient.  So, I spent several months shopping, researching and so on until I chose this Janome 2010.  It's computerized and makes 50 different stitches!  My old Kenmore is resting after being serviced and oiled and now awaits our next quilting bee when we're certain to need an extra machine. 


Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment