We are one family. One family . . . by blood or marriage or friendship. We live in the same small town in Central Illinois. We are moms and daughters. We are sisters and cousins. We are grandmas and wives and aunties.

We all love to quilt and were raised to believe that a girl should always wear her undershirt. And, on those days when you
wear a dress, a petticoat is always in order. This is where you'll find photos and stories of our quilting adventures.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another UFO is finished!

I began this quilt last fall with inspiration from Claire.  She stayed with us for a few days and cut pieces for a project while she was here.  I loved the lay-out of it and put some of my Civil War reproduction prints together to come up with this.  My favorite is the "olive-drab" print used as sashing.    I attempted pieced five-point stars and got just a little frustrated, deciding after 2 or 3 attempts that those stars were for a future project.  These are appliqued and created from scraps.  I'm somewhat attached to this one and have cozied up by the fireplace with it more than once recently.
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment