We are one family. One family . . . by blood or marriage or friendship. We live in the same small town in Central Illinois. We are moms and daughters. We are sisters and cousins. We are grandmas and wives and aunties.

We all love to quilt and were raised to believe that a girl should always wear her undershirt. And, on those days when you
wear a dress, a petticoat is always in order. This is where you'll find photos and stories of our quilting adventures.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

CITY CRAFT

Alan and I were recently in Dallas visiting Dale and Yvette.  One afternoon while Yvette was at work, the boys agreed to drop me at CITY CRAFT.    I found it on-line, we put the address in the GPS and they were happy to find that it was near a golf store and a Starbucks.  After entering the front door, I sent them a text asking for an hour.  This was not a quilt shop that I would be hurrying through.  I could have stayed for the afternoon!  CITY CRAFT is a very modern, artsy, new quilt shop with not one fabric that I had seen anywhere before.  I made a few (several) quick plans for projects and kept the store owner busy cutting fabric.  She happily obliged as we swapped stories of quilts past and those we hope to get to.  I went back to the car with a very large bag filled with gorgeous printed cotton.  (You'll see more projects as they come together.)

She had made a bag from a piece of this fabric and I loved it!  However, I pictured it on a much larger scale and made valances for the quilt studio!  I am certain to do more shopping there on our next visit...but what if I can't wait that long?!  I'll order from their website!  Phew!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment