We are one family. One family . . . by blood or marriage or friendship. We live in the same small town in Central Illinois. We are moms and daughters. We are sisters and cousins. We are grandmas and wives and aunties.

We all love to quilt and were raised to believe that a girl should always wear her undershirt. And, on those days when you
wear a dress, a petticoat is always in order. This is where you'll find photos and stories of our quilting adventures.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quilting Milestones

Here are my
128 
quilt  
blocks 
that are finally  
finished! 

I started them in August and there were a few months in there that they went untouched but it has certainly been a labor of love.  I even timed myself and figured out that it took me about 20 hours to put all these blocks together.  (That does not include any of the cutting in the beginning.)  I'm putting it away for a few weeks while we have company in town but a major milestone had to be announced.  We'll see if I can really wait that long to lay them out and decide which one goes where.


To the right are the fabrics before they were cut.  I took my time and picked out fabrics that I really loved.  I think I bought the first one almost three years ago.

In case you are interested, click here to see what the finished product should look like (only king sized as I doubled the pattern).  The pattern comes from this book (click here).

~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Oh, WOW! I had forgotten how beautiful the fabrics were together. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Now things will move faster. Love you!

    ReplyDelete